Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Cardiologist on Heart, High BP & Anxiety

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 64 years old, Karachi

My father is high BP patient. Since last few days, his BP increases despite of taking HighBP medigine in the morning. He takes Covam 5mg daily in morning and sometimes in the evening as well. He takes Sulvoride before sleep. He also takes 0.25 mg Alp before sleep and sometimes 0.25 mg Alp in the daytime when feel anxiety since last 6 months. Besides high bp, he is also complainig lack of sleep and feeling cold. He was feeling some heaviness in the chest last night.

We consulted a dr today and had his ecg. He prescribed 5mg covam only in the day time and angised 0.5mg half tablet on sudden high bp or heaviness. He told to stop alp gradually. Thyroid reports are in progress.

Need second opinion about his medicines. Also plz see his ecg and suggest. Thanks

Cardiologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Muhammad Akram Asi

Dr. Muhammad Akram Asi - Cardiologist

MBBS , FCPS (Cardiology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

asslam u alaikum..!
after reading your message and seeing ECG..
i would like to say that do you measure his BP daily..? if No, then you should measure his BP daily for 14 days and note the readings..
after that if BP is consistently raised (140/90), then we can increase the dose of Covam that is Covam 10/160..in addition to this..general measures arw very important like morning walk, reduce salt intake, use cooking oil, low fat, balance diet, no smoking etc..
-- ECG is normal.
-- yes, he can take angised sublingualy (zuban k neechay) if he feels chest pain or tightness with sweating..and consult a nearby doctor immediately..
-- and regarding Alp, he should gradually reduce the dose..he should not take it day time..
-- if he feels chest pain on exertion, tightness, sweating and this pain is relieved bt taking rest or taking angised..then go for Exercise tolerance test/
thalium stress test/
-- at the end, on this ECG heart rate is approximately 60 beats per minute so my advice is please don't use any betablocker (like, tenormin, concor, merol) to reduce blood pressure..
Regards

Cardiologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Zamir A Siddiqui

Prof. Dr. Zamir A Siddiqui - Cardiologist

MBBS, M.Phil (Clinical Pharmacology), M.D (Cardiology), Dip Diab. (Diplomate Diabetology), Ph.D. Scholar (Clinical Pharmacology) | Karachi

review-stars

545 Positive Reviews

If you live in Karachi then please take an appointment from Merham and come on my consultancy and discuss with me properly.
This is not the case to solve on messages.

Cardiologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Muhammad Akram Asi

Dr. Muhammad Akram Asi - Cardiologist

MBBS , FCPS (Cardiology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

consistently raised means if more than >140/90

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you all..

Thankyou Dr Muhammad Akram. Please tell one more thing.. i have observed my father feels cold if he doesnt take sulvoride.. also he doesnt sleep easily. How can we stop this medicine

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories