Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Cardiologist on Heart Palpitations

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 33, Faisalabad

Aslam o Alaikum.. Male , Age 33 Years Having an issue of heart palpitations from the last one year. All the tests are clear including all types of blood tests, thyroid and ECG,Echo,ETT, 48 hour Holter Monitor. The doctor diagnosed that it is due to anxiety and prescribed me tablet Merol (Metoprolol) 50 mg along with some depression medicine. Also advised me to lower the dosage of prescribed medicine with the passage of time. During the last 6 months I have quit the anxiety medicine and gradually decreased the Merol too. Now I am taking only half a tablet of Merol 25 mg right after one day. Sir, my question is that for how long can I take Merol tablet.? I mean is it safe to take Merol tablet for such a long period of time ? I am unable to quit the tablet right now. Thank you

Cardiologist in Karachi - Dr. Mahwish Abbas

Dr. Mahwish Abbas - Cardiologist

MBBS, Diploma in Cardiology | Karachi

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

book n appointment

Cardiologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Wajiha Waqar

Dr. Wajiha Waqar - Cardiologist

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine), Dip. Card | Rawalpindi

review-stars

84 Positive Reviews

walaikumsalam. its not recommended to take beta blockers like merol for so long. u can reduce it and then on alternate days then try to quit it meanwhile try do some physical activity and modify ur lifestyle . Also merol has some side effects like erectile dysfunction in males and some alterations in blood glucose levels .

Post Owner

Thank you

3 months ago

Cardiologist in Haripur - Dr. Jasia Nazir

kindly upload ECg with palpitations...is it sinus tachycardia or any arrthymia like SVT I your age particularly...after that ll decide regarding beta blocker...

Post Owner

thank you for your reply, sorry I don't have any ecg during palpitations as it happens at any time just for 1 or 2 seconds. None of the doctors diagnosed sinus tachycardia although I have gone through multiple ecg.

3 months ago

ecg during palpitation is important...

3 months ago

Post Owner

But it happens at any time, never happens during ecg and ETT.

3 months ago

I mean try to get Ecg when you have palpitation...it terminates itself or need medication?
how frequent it is??

Post Owner

Okay, it needs meditation. Now a days I am taking Merol 25 mg half tablet on alternate days. sometimes I skip 1 day and sometimes 2 days. I tried to skip 3 days but on 3rd days i feel palpitations it was worse than before.

3 months ago

try to get exg on day 3 and send

Post Owner

okay. thank you so much for your valuable reply

3 months ago

no issue

3 months ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor