Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Cardiologist on Sleep Problem, Restlessness In Feet And Leg.

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 53 years old, Gujrat

Can anyone tell if this report is alright. I got it tested myself. 53 year old female with heart issues from 2006 pacemaker implanted in 2018. Complaining of shortness of breath, consistent dry cough, restlessness in legs and feet no pain in legs or feet just restlessness. The patient is unable to sleep just as they are about to go to sleep a sudden stop in breath causes them to wake up abruptly. We have tried elevating there bed from head side but still the issue persists. Breathing doesn't get better even after nebulising. What could be the issue.

Cardiologist in Lahore - Dr. Syed Nouman Kazmi

Dr. Syed Nouman Kazmi - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology) | Lahore

review-stars

96 Positive Reviews

The test is irrelevant but she appears to be in decompensated heart failure, you have to get her medications adjusted. Feel free to consult me online or get her checked physically by a cardiologist in your city.

Cardiologist in Karachi - Dr. Abdul Hafeez

Dr. Abdul Hafeez - Cardiologist

MBBS, Diploma in (Cardiology) | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

this patient needs comprehensive assessment and then we can advise some relevant investigations as there can be more than one causes of these symptoms including heart failure.

I would suggest you to either consult her primary cardiologist or book an online appointment for proper evaluation and further management plan.

Cardiologist in Karachi - Dr. Hassan Imam

Dr. Hassan Imam - Cardiologist

MD, Diploma in Cardiology | Karachi

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

This report has nothing to do with her condition
Need to do the following
1) First Do ECG, and get Advise from EP Study department of Cardiology regarding normal functioning of Pace Maker
2) Then do ECHO from Cardiologist to assess cardiac function
3) 3rd step consult cardiologist with above reports

Cardiologist in Haripur - Dr. Jasia Nazir

what's her LV EF in echo?
pt with low aeF usually have orthopnea and Chyne stoke breathing...kindly take her to nearby emergency tertiary care hospital.

Cardiologist in Islamabad - Prof. Dr. Anjum Ilahi

Prof. Dr. Anjum Ilahi - Cardiologist

MRCP, FRCP, MBBS, D.Card, Dip. Cardiac Medicine, Dip. Echocardiography, | Islamabad

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

As far as the legs are concerned it looks like a restless leg syndrome. various factors can trigger it like anemia . Hb may be checked. otherwise lyrica may tried. A NT pro BNP and HRCT of chest may be done to rule out heart failure and interstitial lung disease.
more over pacemaker check may be done to see if properly functioning.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories