Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dentist on Dental Tartar ( Plaque )

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 20, Lahore

Respecter Sir I have thick covering of plaque on my teeth. My age is 20 years. I recently removed milk teeth and one milk teeth is remaining which I will remove after Eid. My teeth are covered by Tartar of yellow color ( Plaque ) and I also have bleeding. After Eid I shall remove my remaining milk teeth then after 20 days of removal when my that side will become able to eat then I shall perform scaling. this kindly suggest me that I can use Xylitol Chewing Gum to reduce plaques? Is Xylitol Gum safe for use. It will cause no side effects? Is it safe for me to use? Kindly tell me and guide me . Thanks

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Zubair Yousuf

Dr. Muhammad Zubair Yousuf - Dentist

BDS, Master in Dentistry | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

it's better to have the complete scaling with polishing procedure and removal of left over milky teeth simulantenously....still u have 4 days in Eid.. xylitol gum is not the solution..... thank u

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Faisal Mansoor

Dr. Faisal Mansoor - Dentist

BDS | Peshawar

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

You can do all the Scaling, Polishing and Extraction simultaneously and then maintain your oral hygiene with proper brushing. Xylitol gum is only for freshness. you can use it whenever you want. It has no side effects. But it is not to solve your complaint...

Thanks & Regards

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Laraib Kibriya

this is just a sugar free chewing gum. it has no side effects but it will not reduce plaque. Get ur scaling done as soon as possible. use Parodontax Toothpaste for bleeding gums. clean ur teeth with soft brush at night and after breakfast.

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Suraiya Hirani

Dr. Suraiya Hirani - Dentist

BDS, Master of Science in Dentistry | Karachi

Yes you can use xylitol gum. It is sugar free gum having no such side effects, but it has no role in reducing plaque. You can get your scaling polishing and extraction done on same day after Eid.

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Ashtiaq Sultan Waraich

you need scaling and polishing

visit Mid city hospital if you live in lahore

Dr.Ashtiaq Sultan

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Syeda Baneen Rizvi

firstly it barely takes 10 days maximum to heal completely after extraction of such tootu, secondly u need deep scaling n polishing, it will subside the issue of bleeding gums, yellowish discoloration and plaque deposition, thirdly, xylitol gum plays no role in reducing plaque at all but yes it has no harmful effects.

Member of Marham-Forum

xylitol gum has nothing to do with calculus removal. Get scaling and polishing done first & then do for extraction after 2 weeks using antiseptic mouthwash and toothpaste recommended by Dentist for you.. thanks

Dentist in Chakwal - Dr. Raana Anjum

Dr. Raana Anjum - Dentist

BDS | Chakwal

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

scaling and polishing is only option to remove plaque

Dentist in Islamabad - Dr. Safi Ullah Khan

you need scaling and polishing.

Dentist in Peshawar - Dr. Yusaf Imran

Dr. Yusaf Imran - Dentist

BDS , MDS (Orthodontics) | Peshawar

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Please visit a dental clinic for clinical examination

Dentist in Karachi - Dr. Priyanka Parpiani

Dr. Priyanka Parpiani - Dentist

BDS, RDS, C-Endo, C-Aligners, ISmile Aligners (UK) | Karachi

Scaling and polishing is the only option to get your plaque/Calculus removed.

Dentist in Lahore - Dr. Maryam Fatima

Dr. Maryam Fatima - Dentist

BDS | Lahore

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

xylitol gums are good to prevent caries but have no use in plaque removel for that scaling and polishing is the only option.

6k scaling polishing and fluoride application

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dentist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories