Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Diabetologist on Diabetes

person-avatar

Asking For Mother, Female 51, dadyal ajk

my mom had normal medication. She had a tablet for sleeping aswell....she was feeling dizzy because of sleeping pill. i gave her glass of milk without sugar...then i thought to check her sugar level it was 508 mg/dcl. So is this level is okay after eating? also if not then am i okay to give her diabetic medication which is gulcophage 250mg?

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Qurban Hussain

Dr. Qurban Hussain - Diabetologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Internal Medicine), SCE Endocrinology and Diabetes (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

203 Positive Reviews

Dear Patient
this sugar is very high and need urgent attention, as patient can go into coma if not treated urgent, take her immediately to near by good hospital
she needs iv fluids and investigation to confirm diabetes and also urinary ketones to assess risk of Diabetic ketoacidosis coma and also assessment for hyperosmolar coma and sources of infection if present.
overall urgent treatment is needed to avoid any complications.

Post Owner

jazakallah khair really appreciate it. i will keep everything in my notes for her next check up. her sugar level is normal now. Alhamdulillah.

2 months ago

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Muhammad Mudasir Saleem

your weight? ultrasound/koi test kraya? koi med li? unk tests hon ge, diet kia he unki?

Post Owner

thanks for your response...it's been sorted now...

2 months ago

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Muhammad Mudasir Saleem

stay blessed sir

2 months ago

Attach Photo here: