Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Daibeties And B.p

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Male, 58 years old, Fsd

My daibetic mother is 58 years old. In recent blood examination, creatinine level came at 1.1 For last 2 years it was 0.9. Now urea nitrogen is 30 and EGfR is 49 last month eGFr was >60 . All of sudden it decrease in a month. She has taken pain killers and vitamin tablet due to ankle surgery . .is this creatinine and egfr level are normal or should taken any medication for this plz tell me

Endocrinologist in Hyderabad - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Adnan Kanpurwala

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Adnan Kanpurwala - Endocrinologist

MBBS, M.Phil.. (Psychology) | Hyderabad

review-stars

59 Positive Reviews

Dear Concerned
You haven't shared details about her diabetes and history like duration of disease, HBA1c and SMBG and which medicine is she taking for it? There could be multiple reason for this inc in Cr level. There are certain drugs which are indicated in the management of neuropathy. Besides, we may need to adjust other medicines which she is taking if needed. Kindly consult for further management of this issue. Thanks .
Best regards

Endocrinologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK) | Abbottabad

review-stars

80 Positive Reviews

Hi. It’s off course not normal. If there’s increase of 25% of creatinine in 48 hours or so it’s considered acute kidney injury. Most probably it’s due to the pain killers which she took that needs to be stopped. Needs to check proteins in the urine ultrasound of kidneys and monitoring of urine out put besides other tests. Need more details. U can make appointment for further details. Thanks

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Faisal Ilyas

Dr. Faisal Ilyas - Endocrinologist

MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi

review-stars

16 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit any of my clinics. I am sending you the schedule of my OPDs

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Faisal Ilyas
Consultant Diabetologist and Endocrinologist

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor