Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Intestine Problem (gastroenterologist)

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 29 Years old, Islamabad

Aoa respected Dr! Since one year whenever I eat spicy , oily and restaurant food I got dark coloured diarrhoea if I stopped these food and take light food like rice etc thn it cure by itself otherwise it turned into severe infection watery diarrhoea nausea weakness sometimes low grade fever , I done few tests, H pylori : negative Stool for calprotectin : 23 normal Stool occult blood : “ POSITIVE “ Celiac disease : negative Gastroenterologist suspected that it is “Clostridioides difficile “ and give me vancomycin 1 g inj orally (4 inj for 8 days ) with 14 days flagyl 400 mg , I need gastroenterologists opinion about my disease is it Clostridioides difficile ? Could I take these inj ? Is it safe ? Thank you

General Practitioner in Chishtian - Dr. Hafiz Mudassar Javed

Consult with general surgeon see at his/her clinic u need physical examination...! To role out any dangerous condition...!

Family Medicine in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Noor

Dr. Rabia Noor - Family Medicine

MBBS, HAAD, MRCGP | Lahore

review-stars

89 Positive Reviews

Thanks for sharing ur concern. You don’t have any symptoms of the tests that u have done. A detailed history and test a required instead. CBC, LFT, Repeat stool test, and a trial of Stomach friendly food along with anti acid medications for 2 months would be required. You may take flagyl but no need to take both flagyl and vancomycin as the later is given if the prior has failed to work in the presence of a high suspicion of Clostridium difficult. But remember C.D doesn’t come and go, if that was the case you would have had continuous non bloody greasy diarrhoea. Hope that helps.

Post Owner

Dr I done cbc it’s normal but few high eosinophils, lft normal stool d/r normal no parasite or wbc , Is any Stool or blood test for c diff ? Or ultrasound or ct ?

4 years ago

MBBS, HAAD, MRCGP | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 89 Positive Reviews

See, ur symptoms are typically food related. swelling and inflammation of the stomach from continuous use of unhealthy foods can bring up such symptoms. You can do a “stool test for ova, cysts and parasites†and also stool culture. But my suggestion would be to take an online appointment as a detailed history is required before going for any tests.

4 years ago

Post Owner

Dr I done these test they are normal , but fecal occult blood positive with high eosinophils, I suffer from chronic abdominal pain thn continuesly small amount dark motion (not watery) , pain not go away after bowel movement, I also have gerd and gas issue

4 years ago

MBBS, HAAD, MRCGP | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 89 Positive Reviews

Yes dear, ur diagnosis is clearly towards stomach issue. Having dark stool is called as malena and usually it comes from upper part of intestines or stomach. That’s why a detailed hx is required. Thanks

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thn dr what is the reason of this bleeding ? H pylori negative , I never feel stomach ache or any stomach issue just suffer from severe abdominal pain , gerd , gas , I lost 15 kg weight in 1.5 years

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Omar Qureshi

Dr. Muhammad Omar Qureshi - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), MRCP 1, FCPS 1 (Medicine) | Islamabad

review-stars

240 Positive Reviews

Well it's less likely to be C diff based on your history.
And for C diff vancomycin injections per oral.are not recommended.It's syp vancomycin to be taken.But without evidence l,merely based on.suspicion taking such meds are not recommended.
if high suspicion then 1st do stool for C diff toxin.Although it doesn't seem to be C diff to me.
Avoid taking antibiotics unnecessarily .

Post Owner

Dr I done c diff toxin test it’s negative what should do next ? Any test? I fed up of testing and using medicine since1.5 year checked different doctor, no one diagnosed reason of bloody motion and other issues

4 years ago

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), MRCP 1, FCPS 1 (Medicine) | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 240 Positive Reviews

Have you seen blood in stools?
By dark colour stools what you mean?Like Black colour ,coal colour?
stool for occult blood positive diet mean Frank blood in stools.

4 years ago

Post Owner

Dr I have very dark brown motion thn normal colour but no black with persistent chronic abdominal pain can’t heal after passing motion , fecal occult came positive when tested dark brown stool when tested normal colour stool it came back negative , I have gerd and gas , heart palpitations issues also loss 15 kg weight 1.5 years

4 years ago

Post Owner

Jb motion hote hain pura pura din abdominal pain rehta hai , weight loss hota jaa raha beemar hun ya nhi ,

4 years ago

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), MRCP 1, FCPS 1 (Medicine) | Islamabad | Book Appointment

weight loss is significant and with your symptoms of change in bowel habits plus stool for occult blood positive indicate towards some organic cause of your symptoms.
It's highly recommended for you to have specific workup including colonoscopy to see your large intestine to rule out any specific disease of colon.Taking medications without any diagnosis is not recommended.Don't do hit and trial.Go for proper work up and sort this issue once for all

4 years ago

Post Owner

Ok thanks dr , can I do only colonoscopy or I do ct colonography or barium enema instead of colonoscopy?

4 years ago

Post Owner

Dr Also have a ques is colonoscopy and biopsy safe procedure ? is any side effect after test or not?

4 years ago

Barium and CT colonography are of New use.
colonoscopy is a common and safe procedure,without any significant side effects.Biopsy is done if significant disease is seen.and it's safe as well.
Need to go for specific test rather than doing unnecessary labs and fix the issue once for all

4 years ago

Barium and CT are of no use"

4 years ago

Post Owner

Ok dr , and Thanks for your suggestion , JazakAllah

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment