Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Vitamin D Deficiency

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 47, gujrat

I had vitamin D deficiency and also B12 deficiency. I took medicines and my body pain was gone. Then i had body pain again after a year. Took the same medicine and it was resolved. Now after a year it again started. I am taking medicines but my body is not well responding to them. I still have body pain. What should I do? Will this deficiency be with me forever ? Do I have to take medicines forever? Thank you

General Physician in Hyderabad - Dr. Hizbullah Talpur

I need proper history and after that I can help you rule out why pain is still not leaving what is the cause you need to tell me about work history, pain duration and which places mostly pain occurs and it's on relaxing time or everytime which medications you have taken for long time and after medications have you got weight gain or any other problem you need to talk and tell me each and everything now than we can diagnose the cause of disease thank you

Post Owner

started at 2018 , mostly at night during sleep time, lower legs mostly, 3-4 hours pain and sometimes whole night, no weight gain or loss ( my weight is same as it was ), it was resolved in 2018 by taking vitamin D injection, osnate D and cobolmin ( because there was iron and vitamin D deficiency). I took these medicines again in 2020 and pain was gone. it again started this year. I am taking those meds again to see if it goes away or not . my cholesterol is 205 , fasting sugar is 92 in recent test

2 years ago

General Physician in Hyderabad - Dr. Hizbullah Talpur

What is your serrum Ferritin Level? if you have deficiency of Vitamin D and you took these all medications and your pain go away with these than this again happened can you please tell me you are taking food proper if yes than you are eating Vegetables and and fruits very well or you are on meat mostly and you eat moslty at home or in restaurents please share me full history.

Post Owner

none of the doctors asked for this test so don't know. only home made food ( vegetables, lentils). due to cholesterol level (205) I avoid meat , egg and oil

2 years ago

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Hamza Ali

Dr. Hamza Ali - General Physician

| MBBS | | RMP | | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

aoa. Please let me know if you have any comorbids associated like Diabetes or Hypertension (blood pressure). Secondly, your lifestyle matters alot what kind of diet you take. Any other medicine taking in routine. Detailed history can help me rule out your problem.

Post Owner

WS. I have BP. don't eat meat due to cholesterol. eat only home made food. I avoid oil, egg, meat that increases cholesterol

2 years ago

| MBBS | | RMP | | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

please share your recent reports regarding Vit D levels. Is your exposure to sunlight adequate?

2 years ago

Post Owner

a year ago Before medication it was 8 and after it was 58..... going to have this test again in few days ..... sun exposure might be 1%-2%

2 years ago

Ok sure. please share your labs with me. Your diet and lifestyle matters alot in your Vit D levels with increasing age.

2 years ago

There are few supplements which will help you normalize your Vit D levels. Please get your complete bone profile done.

2 years ago

Post Owner

sure. thanks

2 years ago

General Physician in Bahawalpur - Dr. Hummayoon Shahzad

Dr. Hummayoon Shahzad - General Physician

MBBS | Bahawalpur

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

advised...lipid profile fasting

Post Owner

noted. thank you