Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on White Tongue

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 22 years old, Lahore

Hello there doctors, today when I woke up, I had a white tongue in the posterior part. Is it normal? It doesn't itch or pain or no soreness , will it go away on its own? I have slow transit constipation as well which is. Functional Bowel disorder according to my doctor. Does it have anything to do with that? Can't go to him because he is in a different city. Picture of tongue is below. Please help

Family Medicine in Thatta - Dr. Adeel Memon

Dr. Adeel Memon - Family Medicine

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine) | Thatta

Some people believe that a common fungus may be to blame for IBS: yeast, especially a type called candida. But so far, medical science does not have a lot of evidence to prove there’s a
connection.
However the condition you are suffering is called oral candidiasis and is not worrisome
You can use/apply Nisltat oral Drops,full dropper thrice in a day

Post Owner

Is there any difference between coated white tongue and oral thrush? Because I heard oral thrush only happens in immunocompromised people. And I'm ñot diabetic do I need to be worried about that?

4 years ago

Family Medicine in Thatta - Dr. Adeel Memon

Dr. Adeel Memon - Family Medicine

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine) | Thatta

it can happen in any person any age but immunocomoromised people are more vulnerable to this condition
oral thrush and oral candidiasis are used interchangebly interchangeably,both have same meanings

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories