Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Fibroadenoma And The Link With Multivitamins

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 21 years old, karachi

Assalam o Alaikum, Last year i had a surgery for complex fibroadenoma by (Dr. Rufina Soomro)and it was removed Alhumdulilah and the biopsy report was Normal. However later this year i was prescribed multivitamin (Vitrum) and Vitamin-D tablet (Osam-D) by my general physician when i visited him. I wanted to ask if taking these supplements would elevate my hormones and the fibroadenoma would reoccur or would cause any problems? I have no hormonal issues. My general physician however said that no issue would be caused but due to corona i am unable to get appointment of my surgeon so if any breast surgeon could guide me for this?

General Practitioner in Sialkot - Dr. Rana Muhammad Zeeshan

Nothing will happen with these medications. you can take them without any fear

Post Owner

Thankyou so much for answering

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Isra Jameel

w.s...No there is no issue with multivitamins...do not worry u can take easily..

Post Owner

Thankyou so much for answering and I was concerned if the Fibroadenoma would reoccur.

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Mirpur Khas - Dr. Muhammad Umar

multivitamin suppliments would not affect any hormonal issues. so not to worry on that keep taking multivitamins as per your doctor's advise.

Post Owner

Thankyou so much

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid Shahwar

these medicine don't cause any serious side effects. fr ur other problem, consult ur surgeon

Post Owner

Thankyou so much

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

wallaikumusalam...your age plzz???these multivitamins will not cause hormonal distrurbances if you take them under normal limits...however once you developed fibroadenoma then it might be possible that you may develop it again in your later life...

Post Owner

I just turned 21 a week a go. My doctor asked me to take them every alternate day. But is there any way to stop Fibroadenoma from occuring again?

3 years ago

these will not harm your hormonal balance..to avoid fibroadenoma from occuring again its better to use more fruits and vegetables means healthy diet...these happen in reproductive ages..

3 years ago

Post Owner

JazakAllah for the guidance

3 years ago

Family Medicine in Lahore - Dr. Misbah Naseer

Dr. Misbah Naseer - Family Medicine

MBBS , MCPS ( Family Medicine) | Lahore

no correlation

Post Owner

Thankyou

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Sadia Sajjad

U can take multivitamins as it is prescribed, no correlation with fibroadenoma.

Post Owner

JazakAllah. Can a complex fibroadenoma removed through wide lumpectomy cause any problems later on in the breast? I've been skeptical in taking any medicines since the surgery.

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Sadia Sajjad
Dr. Sadia Sajjad - General Practitioner

MBBS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 3 Positive Reviews

No, not at all, but if u feel any color change or discharge, pain etc, then immediately consult to ur doctor or surgeon.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Okay JazakAllah

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Khola Aimen Iqbal

AOA dear, there is no correlation between multivitamins and recurrence for fibroadenoma. You should continue the supplements.

Post Owner

JazakAllah for the guidance

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories