Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Insomnia

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 22, Islamabad

Aoa. is it fine to take sleeping pills? As I'm just 22 years old and I can't sleep at night and i have a lot of work to do during day time. if yes please suggest which one and also the dosage. Jazak Allah.

General Practitioner in Khanpur - Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Saleh Naseem

sleeping pills develop tolerance
so its not fine at all

Post Owner

My phupho passed away on Saturday and I'm having my finals these days. i keep on change sides but can't sleep.

3 years ago

in that case u can take pills for 1 week. not for longer duration.

3 years ago

Post Owner

which one?

3 years ago

take appointment so i can prescribe proper medication thankyou!

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Rehman Khan

Its better to avoid the pills as they can be very addictive and with time you’ll have to increase the dose. Still if you need it you can take a very mild one. Alp 0.25mg. But don’t take it for more than 7 consecutive days.

Post Owner

Okay sir my phupho passed away 2 days ago I am busy there and also having exams I keep on changing sides and night

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Sahiwal - Dr. Awais Younas

WA. It is not advised to take sleeping pills. Its better to modify ur lifestyle first. And try sleeping exercises.

Post Owner

What else can I try?

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Sahiwal - Dr. Awais Younas

Try some physical activity for atleast 10-15 min a day. Dont take caffeinated products like coffe tea etc after 6:00pm. And the other sleeping exercises that cannot be demosntrated on comments. Just like try counting backwards etc. Thanks.

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Naveed Khalid

Wa Alikum As Salam
Its better to avoid sleeping pills at this age. Starting regular exercise can improve your sleeping behaviour. But if you still have insomnia, kindly consult a doctor. Don't start Sleeping pills without proper check up.
Stay Blessed

Post Owner

Okay Jazak Allah sir. please suggest something . as I have a hectic routine these days

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Rukhsana

Dr. Rukhsana - General Practitioner

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

it's not better to take sleeping pills...Do physical exercises n try not to sleep during day time ....

Post Owner

I don't sleep during the day time but still

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Lokesh Maheshwari

Dr. Lokesh Maheshwari - General Practitioner

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine) Cont | Karachi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Every tablet has its own side effects. You must rather switch to non-pharmacological ways of helping you slee

Post Owner

Kindly suggest some.

3 years ago

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum

Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

251 Positive Reviews

its not better to take sleeping pills homeo medicine Will resolve your problem completely this medicine is not harmful and no side effects kindly book an appointment with me

General Practitioner in Gujranwala - Dr. Mareena Zulfiqar

Rathet taking sleeping pills you should do some stress releiving exercises while going to sleep.do not use mobile before going to sleep.room environment should b comfortable for sleep like quiet room with no lights.after lying on bed relax ur body take deep breath hold for 7 sec and release within 7 sec slowly repeat 3 to 5 times.then from head to toe strech each muscle hold for 7 sec and then relax in 7 sec.do every step 3 step 3 times.do this in routine.it will help u alot.inshaALLAH.

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Naveed Aslam

Aa

i have an extensive knowledge on insomnia. please book an online appointment for further discussion.

ws

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Maheen Altaf

WS. No it is not fine to take sleeping pills, without any absolute indication. Only allowed for patients with Epilepsy or with serious illness or psychotic issues.
Just do simple tactics. Fix your sleeping schedule. Avoid using any screen at least 2 hrs before sleep. Do muscle stretching before sleep.

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Maheen Altaf

Take light dinner at least 2 hrs before sleep.

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Mohsin Ali

Taking sleeping pills is not right unless there is indication. You will have to improve your life style you are just 22 years old I will suggest you some good measure and exercise. So you can book your appointment for detail check up and history

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Ali Zaman Tarar

Dr. Ali Zaman Tarar - Psychiatrist

MBBS | Lahore

review-stars

449 Positive Reviews

waslam. Sleeping pills are of various types. Most common pills which include xanax, ativan , rivotril and lexotanil are called benzos. These can be taken for 2 weeks , however if they are taken for more duration their depenandance and tolerance occurs . Which means you have to take more dose in order to have adequate response. Lack of sleep is a symptom which has number of causes . In order for you to take a particular sleeping pill. First you have to rule out your cause of lack of sleep. which maybe stress, caffine intake , etc. for that you need a proper psychiatric evaluation. We have more safe and effective options for treatment of sleep problem
contact for further consultation
thank you

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories