Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Throait Pain

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 40 years old, Rawalpindi

Assalaam u alaikum.5 days ago while sleeping in air conditioned room at around 4 am I suddenly felt cold and woke up from sleep.i felt slight pain in tonsils area while swallowing saliva. I was afraid that I shall have high fever by morning.since I daily travel around 145 KMS for job purpose,so I woke up and checked myself by touch and my body wasn't very warm.since then I have slight pain while swallowing but no fever.Sleep is good.Bit of tiredness but that's due to excessive travelling.From last 2 days I have cough and phlegm stuck in upper chest.I must mention here that I'm a long time(by birth) IBS diarrhea patient .So I wakeup and do breakfast of yogurt,water and mango shake.Probably that yogurt caused phlegm.During early childhood I had adenoids and tonsils issue that settled after age of 15.now I'm 40.i also have got little bit of loose unformed stool and incomplete evacuation again as throat infection and loose stool always occur simultaneously to me.

Member of Marham-Forum

take ispaghol husk daily in yogurt

and take syp.rigix 10ml at night for 1 week

also smecta sachets once daily for 1month are very good in colitis associated with diarrhea u can add them to your daily routine too

4 years ago

Post Owner

which medicines are safest for ibs unformed loose motions and phlegm?

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Fawad Sarwar

difficult to reply without proper history and examination.

Post Owner

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Dera Ghazi Khan - Dr. Faisal Qaisrani

Dr. Faisal Qaisrani - General Practitioner

MBBS | Dera Ghazi Khan

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

wslam....take healthy diet rich in fibre like apple,green vegetable...for throat infection use antiallergic and antibiotic instant and keep ur immunity boost by multivitamin...for further consultation consult online..thanks

Post Owner

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Shaima Amjad

Hello..!! Although u have all these pre-existing conditions, but keeping in view the current situation, you should take all precautions.. Moreover add ispaghol in your diet. Start doing gargles with warm water 3 to 4 times daily and steam 3 to 4 times daily.. Take tablet panadol 500mg 2 tabs as per need or in case of fever.. Try to avoid cold beverages and cold yogurt..

Post Owner

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Samiha Zubair

Dr. Samiha Zubair - General Practitioner

MBBS, FCPS (Training Complete) | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

Firstly even as you said you have IBS it's not necessary that you might be having phlegm necessarily in relation to it.
Keeping the scenarios of symptoms you said it might be recurrence of tonsillitis but if it was only one moment scenario then ignore

Keeping in mind the covid epidemic it's not necessary that you should have a fever too so better do good isolation/wear surgical mask and once removed or torn put on a new one don't reuse same surgical mask/ frequent hand washing/frequent drinking plain water best one at room temperature/ saline gargle twice a day/

chart your temperature and see
take tab paracetamol 2 tab if febrile but don't repeat the dose before 6 hours if temperature rises again
Tab Azithromycin 500 mg OD for 3 days stat

Post Owner

3 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Salman Hameed

Walaikumasalaam
Start Salt Water Gargles Twice Daily & Panadol 500mg For Fever/Bodyaches. Strictly Monitor your Diet & take proper Sleep as well. Avoid too much Cold Fluids & Sour Fruits/Eatables. This will help a lot. If symptoms still persists after 3 Days add an AntiAllergic Twice Daily.
You can consult Online Too in case Symptoms do not settle or worsens.
Regards.

Post Owner

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories