Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Practitioner on Type II Diabetes

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 56, Karachi

Hello All: I was daignosed with Type II diabetes a couple of months ago and put on 500 Metformin. Is my diabetes going to get worse over time? Will I move to 1000 Metformin in a year or two and then an additiopnal medication a year or two after that and then, finally, insulin? Are the majority of Type II patients able to control it with just Metformin and diet? Experiences of the multitude would be welcome. Thanks.

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Sabin

Dear sir ... there is no need to panic . There are many patients who just maintain there diabetes just with diet and metformin . What is your height and weight ? If you are overweight, kindly reduce your weight. Make sure you don’t take sweets in your diet, no sugar , cold drinks . Do daily brisk walk of 30min at least 5-6 days per week. It’s all about healthy living. If you will be careful, Inshallah you will maintain a healthy life and only a single dose of medicine, no need of insulin

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Samiha Zubair

Dr. Samiha Zubair - General Practitioner

MBBS, FCPS (Training Complete) | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

Salaam

All these experiences vary person to person but remember
Firstly don't take stress as it accelerates any condition

Knowing there is no harm and you know routine, no rice/no fried food/no underground vegetables/ avoid grapes , banana / no beverages or artificial juices

You drink lots of water/ eat foods with more fibre/instead of taking fresh juices try to eat fruits as it is more fulfilling

fix food timings and know what u eat/ no food after 8:30 pm

exercise aerobic even 25 min 5 times a week is enough

but fix days n timings for ur exercise n preferably early morning

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi it’s all depends on you. Change your lifestyle and do regular exercise. Stop eating sugary foods and fried foods. Most important start a proper diet plan

Member of Marham-Forum

It is not necessary it you do proper exercise and fallow diet plan and take your medicines regularly then it is less likely that your dose need to be increased

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Naila Burney

not all diabetic patients get worsen over the time especially if they take care of their diet and lifestyle
should consult with a doctor regularly as regular tests and advise is very important for diabetes
you can take appointment with me

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

MBBS | Lahore

review-stars

123 Positive Reviews

Dear pateint... U r not using adequate medication.... If u use only this medicine then it will become worse... I will prescribe you proper medication course for diabetes so that your condition dont get worse with time and u dont need insulin in future... U can contact me through marham for proper treatment of your diabetes according to the latest American guidelines of diabetic management.

Regards. Dr. Shahzeb (Gold Medalist) Lahore.

042-32591427,

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Sidra Anwar

Dr. Sidra Anwar - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

it all differs individual to individual.
u have to keep a check on ur HbA1C and try to keep it between 6-6.5%
proper dietary change.
proper exercise
proper medication
proper follow up and progression of disease assessment.
these things can help u alot combating your disease.
its a disease that needs proper attention by the patients and a very good compliance is needed.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Practitioner

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories