Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Nephrologist on Nephrotic Syndrome, FSGS

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 14 years old, Quetta, Pakistan

My sister both kidneys have been failed after 5 year of suffering from nephrotic syndrome . Now her age is 14 year old. Now she is at CKD, what's best for her transplant or permanent dialysis? Please give me best advice, because we r hesitate for her what to do?

Member of Marham-Forum

My suggestion is permanant dialysis.

Post Owner

Thanks sir for ur opinion but she is just 14 years . Seeing towards dialysis consequences and complications , we are still trying to chose for her and her life a best option.

4 years ago

Nephrologist in Riyadh - Dr. Tanweer Iqbal
Dr. Tanweer Iqbal - Nephrologist

MBBS, FRCP, FASN, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology), SCE Nephrology, ESCNeph | Riyadh | Book Appointment

Dr irfana how are u,why not to opt for transplant in near future.what's the contraindication

4 years ago

Nephrologist in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam - Nephrologist

MBBS (Gold Medalist), MCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology), Sub Specialization in Kidney Transplantation (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

The best treatment in my opinion despite of her being diagnosed as FSGS would be to go for kidney Transplant after careful evaluation. I would really want to see her biopsy report and preferably would like to see the slides as well . Meanwhile Continue hemodialysis preferably via AV fistula . PD would have been a great alternate in this young age but it doesn't really exist in Pakistan.

Post Owner

Lab report

4 years ago

Post Owner

2 page

4 years ago

Post Owner

3 page

4 years ago

Post Owner

4 page

4 years ago

Post Owner

Her biopsy page 1

4 years ago

Post Owner

Biopsy page 2

4 years ago

Post Owner

Biopsy page 3

4 years ago

Post Owner

Biopsy page 4

4 years ago

Post Owner

Biopsy page 5

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thanks alot to all of you for ur kind opinion. May almighty Allah bless you all with rahma

4 years ago

Post Owner

Please help us out wiht my sister treatment, because we really hesitate what is best for her? jazakAllah

4 years ago

Nephrologist in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam - Nephrologist

MBBS (Gold Medalist), MCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology), Sub Specialization in Kidney Transplantation (UK) | Peshawar | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

Dear parents/Guardian, thanks for sharing the reports , I would not go in the details of technicality related to the biopsy report you provided and will assume this young girl has SRNS and biopsy is reported as FSGS. FSGS is not a disease in itself and it indicates the pattern in which injury is done to this child kidneys. Since her kidneys are knocked out in relatively quick time since diagnosis ,a genetic component seems to be present. . It is out of the scope of this forum to discuss the child in full detail due many constraints, however I would guide you as what to do next .
1. Please go in see in person your local area Nephrologist ( with precautions against corona virus)
2. To answer the question that the child can go for kidney transplant, may need genetic testing which will guide us on many fronts .( Recurrence after transplant, donor selection ,your counseling as family member etc but it will be ?expensive though
3. After seeing your local area Nephrologist with all records ,family history and labs of this child you can make a good referral summary from him/her and then do further evaluation in SIUT Karachi in terms of kidney transplant ( genetic testing,other counseling etc OR else have to stay on dialysis
"" looks like you are from quetta ,I know one good Nephrologist there , her name is Dr Irfana Hassan you can consult with her in person hopefully she will guide you further .

4 years ago

Pediatric Nephrologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Junaid Ahmed

Dr. Junaid Ahmed - Pediatric Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS (Pediatrics), FCPS (Pediatric Nephrology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

if the cause of renal failure is FSGS
then there is high chances of graft failure
as disease reoccur.
but definitely transplant improves quality of life
but prons and cones must be discussed in detail about transplant
till then continue wd heamodialysis

Post Owner

Aoa dear sir , so what exactly should w go for right now . We are really confused. jazakAllah

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Aoa, definitely transplant is a better option, but to know the biopsy report as FSGS(primary) has high recurrence rate.

Post Owner

Aoa sir , so what you suggest us to do right now?

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Test lab

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories