Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro - Brain on Brain EEG

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 18, Lahore

Can someone please read this EEG report? Symptoms: Seizures of unknown type since I was 8. Blank attacks or Absence seizures that interfere with studies, difficulty in concentrating or memorizing, deviation of mouth during talking, Widespread dull headaches, heaviness in head that continues all day, Exhaustion and fatigue unresolved with good night sleep, Body aches, abdominal pain that happens 2-3 times a day. Sometimes I do have recurrent jerks during sleep. here's my EEG..

Neurologist in Sahiwal - Dr. Muhammad Asif Latif

Dr. Muhammad Asif Latif - Neurologist

| MBBS | FCPS | | Sahiwal

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

u need to take anti epileptics in proper dosage. better to get proper chekup from ur nearest neurologist

Post Owner

I'm seeing a neurosurgeon already. He diagnosed me with epilepsy and prescribed me anti-seizure drugs. But I want other opinions too as I was Misdiagnosed for many years. Could you kindly look at my EEG slides that I attached here now and give your precious opinion. What's your diagnosis?

2 years ago

Neurologist in Islamabad - Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja

Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja - Neurologist

MBBS, DCMT, MRCP | Islamabad

review-stars

194 Positive Reviews

This is a report. Not an EEG recording. Kindly send an EEG which could be either a paper tracing or for more modern machines a digital record of brain waves. You need a neurological consultation. Kindly make an appointment through Marham

Post Owner

I've attached the paper slides of EEG here now. Could you kindly give your precious opinion on the diagnosis. I'm seeing a neurosurgeon in person who diagnosed me with epilepsy but I want other opinions too as I was misdiagnosed and mistreated for 10 years. I'll be really Thankful.

2 years ago

Neuro Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Mohammad Abid

Dr. Mohammad Abid - Neuro Surgeon

| MBBS | MS (Neurosurgery) | | Lahore

review-stars

243 Positive Reviews

on any treatment right now???

Post Owner

I'm seeing a neurosurgeon lately who ordered this EEG and diagnosed me with epilepsy. I'm taking anti-seizure drugs for 2 days. But I want other opinions too as I was mistreated and misdiagnosed for 10 years by different medical specialities. Could you kindly have a look at the paper slides of my EEG that I attached here now and give your precious opinion? I'll be really grateful.

2 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I just want more opinions my doctor diagnosed epilepsy. here are my EEG review slides.

Member of Marham-Forum

PG #2

Member of Marham-Forum

pg#3
I would be really thankful if some neurologist will take a look and give opinion about the diagnosis.

Member of Marham-Forum

pg#4
please don't ignore this post I've been to many doctors since I was 8 years old the the time I got my first seizure that was Misdiagnosed by many specialities. Recently I got a diagnosis of epilepsy from a neurologist

Member of Marham-Forum

pg#5
Every doctor is encouraged to give his/her opinion

Member of Marham-Forum

pg#6
I forgot to mention I do experience numbness or tingling sensations in my hands,foot,face,arms sometimes.
sometimes it feels like my foot is not there I can't feel it gets numb

Member of Marham-Forum

pg#7
Is there any chance of unobserved seizures during sleep which cause morning exhaustion and fatigue?

Member of Marham-Forum

Pg#8 Please y'all give some of your precious time to my case.
What are your very best guesses? What could be the diagnosis?

Neurologist in Islamabad - Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja

Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Khawaja - Neurologist

MBBS, DCMT, MRCP | Islamabad

review-stars

194 Positive Reviews

This EEG consists of normal activity in the alpha range with some intervening periods of slightly slower waves. There is no mention of any hyperventilation or photic stimulation. I need to speak to you to question you about your complaint and what made you think that you were being wrongly treated. Overall it’s a normal looking EEG. If you were actually having some kind of seizures I would ask for an EEG after withholding medication, also sleep deprived EEG. Best is discuss history with me

Post Owner

Not sure about photic stimulation isn't it unremarkable? Hyperventilation is mentioned in pg#5. What do you think is it epilepsy? Check my another answer now I've explained the history in detail there. I think it may be epilepsy overlapping with Panic disorder. Cuz that Grand seizure comes only with stress.
Now I'm experiencing absence seizures my head just feel foggy all day, I sometimes forget simple things. Heaviness in head like tingling sensation.
what do you think is it epilepsy?

2 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

History:
I'm actually confused Every doctor treated me according to their speciality.
The first ever seizure that I got at the age of 8 was unexpected like I've no idea at all what happened to me I just remember I was studying in the classroom in 4th grade and the teacher was delivering the lecture and no one witnessed it except my teachers and classfellows and they took me to the nearby hospital but I got fine before arriving the hospital I guess. My teachers told my parents that I was breathing heavily then I got unconscious. My intuition says it was simply a tonic seizure that affected my respiration. Because if it was tonic-clonic everyone would have recognized it as epilepsy because of the jerky movements. There were another 2 episodes of that seizure thing that year I don't remember though my parents told me. Thay took me to Itefaq hospital Lahore for my detailed examination and they diagnosed after seeing my bloated stomach that it probably happened due to gastric trouble. They did all kind of tests except brain imaging like MRI or EEG that was their fault and prescribed me a Syrup for Stomach. Next year I got another seizure in school and after that a cascade of these seizures ruined my school life as I was always at the top of the class. We went to another doctor he was an internist because I started having body aches and unexplained fatigue, unable to concentrate and keep up with the class and now they were triggered by any kind stress followed by hyperventilation or panic attack like symptoms. The doctor said It's due to stress and anxiety. My parents accept his diagnosis. After that we went to a couple of Rheumatologists for the muscle spasms and joint pain they said it's rheumatoid arthritis and started to treat me for that. Another Rheumatologist said it's probably fibromyalgia or myalgic Encephalomyelitis. And they treated me for that too. No one noticed the seizures that were not gone, misdiagnosing them as panic attacks. We went to a psychiatrist and he treated me for panic disorder all in vain . I used to be a brilliant student but gradually my performance started to decline to the extent I was unable to attend school I was unable to sit in the class and concentrate I just can't understand what theNow we went to a neurosurgeon because of the cognitive issues and confusion I was encountering and he said it's epilepsy.
5n: At the first place Epileptic seizures lead to anxiety and now that anxiety triggers seizures.
I just want my health back I want to Excel in Studies and study medicine. Now what do you think is the diagnosis? looking at the EEG hyperventilation is mentioned I guess in one slide. Overall do you think it's suggestive of Epilepsy? how'll you classify this epilepsy?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Neuro - Brain

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories