Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Baby Is 6 Months Old And He Refused To Sit And Want To Stand Only

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 23, saudia Riyadh

i want to ask that my baby when he was 5 months he started sitting by support but now when i want to sit him he just doesn't like to sit infact when i try to sit him witj support he curve his back and make his body strict and lay down.. he's doing this from 10 days but before that he was sitting with support at sofa corner and in walker.. but now he's not sitting but want to stand everytime he sits only 2-3 mints peacefully and afterthat become fussy and cry and curve his back and lay down forward my concern is what happened to him suddenly? when he sits at 5 months but now why doing this? is this a sign of problem? apart from all that baby is active and reaching all milestones but this thing is bothering me .. kindly help

Pediatrician in Bahawalpur - Asst. Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar Hashmi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar Hashmi - Pediatrician

MBBS, MSPH, Diploma in Child Health (DCH) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

Pl consult to nearest Doctor for examination

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Saad Ullah

Dr. Saad Ullah - Pediatrician

| MBBS | MD | | Karachi

review-stars

43 Positive Reviews

at 6 months of age baby should sit with or even without support. if for aome reason baby has stipped sutting it may have multiple problems. which might not need any concern. simple explanation may be given after getting ur baby checked up with nearest doctor

Post Owner

thank you baby kuch time pehle bed se gir gaya tha shayad usi k baad se nhi bethta ziada time kia yehi waja hoskti ha.. ok i will see the doctor in his 6 months checkup

2 years ago

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Saad Ullah
Dr. Saad Ullah - Pediatrician

| MBBS | MD | | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 43 Positive Reviews

yes girnay ki waja se may be kaheen chout ayi ho aor pain ho. agar body ki kisi side pe weakness nahi hae to ziada pareshani ki baat nahi hae. phir bhi checkup jald se jald kara layn

2 years ago

Pediatrician in Rahim Yar Khan - Dr. Qamar Hussain

Dr. Qamar Hussain - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS | Rahim Yar Khan

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

nothing to worry,actually some babies try to put their weight in legs to achieve next mike stone as u mentioned .so no need to do anything ,hopefully ur baby will start sitting till 7 to 8th month .just observe .let the baby to walk in walker as well.

Post Owner

thank u soo much doctor ? May Allah bless you yes I'm observing the baby he's sitting but only 2-3 mint after that he become fussy and don't like to sit he want to stand rather.. may he would fine soon in sha Allah

2 years ago

Physiotherapist in Karachi - Mahrukh Mehmood Pt

Mahrukh Mehmood Pt - Physiotherapist

BS-DPT | Karachi

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

what's his age now?

Post Owner

6 months

2 years ago

BS-DPT | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 3 Positive Reviews

ok that's fine 6_8 months is a normal time period to achieve sitting milestone, nothing to worry about.
you can engage him in activities while sitting, it ll improve his sitting tolerance n motivation

2 years ago

Post Owner

thank u soo much doctor jazakallah

2 years ago

BS-DPT | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 3 Positive Reviews

most welcome
if u ll find any quiry related to ur son u can also take online session.

2 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

it is likely to be a problem.needs consultation

Attach Photo here: