Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Change Of Milk

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 1 years old, Karachi

My baby turned 1 year old last month….i have been breastfeeding her along with formula milk once or twice a week in case v have to go for some outing….she is taking LACTOGEN….but from now onwards i plan to change her formula…can i start fresh milk like DAY FRESH….i will continue to breast feed her but need something along with it to add in her meals as well….heard SIMILAC TOTAL COMFORT is a good choice too….plz help me finding something age appropriate

Pediatrician in Hyderabad - Dr. Nr Veerwani

Dr. Nr Veerwani - Pediatrician

| MBBS | FCPS ( Peads) | | Hyderabad

So I need to know if your baby is born at completed 37 weeks or later on before 37 weeks of pregnancy and what was the birth weight and what is current weight to guide you further.

Post Owner

She was born in 39th week of pregnancy…birth weight was 3.5 kg and she is 8.5 kg now….Alhamdolillah healthy and active at the moment

2 years ago

Pediatrician in Hyderabad - Dr. Nr Veerwani

Dr. Nr Veerwani - Pediatrician

| MBBS | FCPS ( Peads) | | Hyderabad

For this age she is failure to thrive and you need to give her formula milk enfagrow follow up formula along with other home made foods like egg yolk, rice with yogurt, Dalia, bananas, avoid junk foods and candies if she is taking, add D Max one drop daily and syp Vermox 5 ml twice daily for three days. She will need few investigations on blood and stool also to find out the cause of being that low weight at the age of one year now. When the weaning was started and what was started? Is she having recurrent loose stools off and on or not?

Post Owner

She takes khichri, banana, egg, dalia, sagoodana, suji, apple beetroot carrot purees, spinach and even roti….no recurrent episodes of loose stool….in fact no apparent problem…i started weaning with home made rice cereal and not giving her any junk not even cerelac….she eats everything home made

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories