Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Dry Patches On Skin (legs)

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 1, Islamabad

Aoa. My son is 1 year old, problem is that he is having dry patches on legs, unusual.. Initially it was on only leg but now its on both.. And didn't getting fade even. I've applied mustard oil even polyfax. I'm attaching the photos as well. PS : I was also having eczema problem on my eye lids. Dr said it was totally bcz of dryness. He gave me blaphamide ointment. But after his birth last year i didn't have that issue...

Thank you so much.. Regards

Pediatrician in Layyah - Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan

Dr. Muhammad Afzal Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

It is either a skin condition caused by fungus infection commonly known as Ring Worm or a kind of eczema called Discoid Eczema. I would suggest starting use of antifungal Daktarin or miconazole Cream as it appears to be more fungal. If the skin condition improves continue using for ten days even after it has completely resolved. The Eczema needs treatment with mild steroid like 1% hydrocortisone cream. Both need to be used twice daily. Apply a thin layer. Stop hydrocortisone after one week. Reuse it if the skin condition reappears as you know eczema can recur.

Post Owner

Ok sir thank you so much.. Can i ask what could be the reason of this...?? So that i can avoid such things in future.

3 years ago

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah | Book Appointment

review-stars 4 Positive Reviews

Fungal skin infection spreads from clothing and other objects of use. Wash your infants clothes separately and iron them thoroughly before wearing. Dampness makes spreading of bb hh

3 years ago

MBBS, MRCPCH II, MCPS | Layyah | Book Appointment

review-stars 4 Positive Reviews

...spreading of fungus easier. It is hard to say what exactly causes eczema as the allergens or irritants are many. It could be detergents or some foods etc. Rinse his clothes thoroughly after washing. You need to observe if any specific food or contact with some kind of chemical triggers eczema in your child. You may avoid that in future.

3 years ago

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum

Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

250 Positive Reviews

you should take medicine within days he Will completely fine plz avoid any gel or cream this is temporary treatment permanent treatment only one homeo medicine

Post Owner

Which one)??

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Rawalpindi - Dr. Muhammad Zahir Babar

Dr. Muhammad Zahir Babar - Pediatrician

MD, FCPS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

For managment of child's condition please book appointment.Better a video consultation. Detail is in picture. Regards Dr.M.Z.Babar

Post Owner

Sir please see the photos and tell me about it.

3 years ago

Pediatrician in Rawalpindi - Dr. Muhammad Zahir Babar
Dr. Muhammad Zahir Babar - Pediatrician

MD, FCPS | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 5 Positive Reviews

Respected Madam, As per terms and conditions between the application owner and doctors. It is not allowed to share everything in the queries forum. Thanks to this application which is connected best speciality doctors all around the country with patients. Specially at this time while COVID pandemic has already spread everywhere. Sorry, we agree on work policy before joining this platform. It is your choice whether you book appointment and get the facility through proper way or try some other doctor .

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories