Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Pediatric Weight Issue

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 1 years old, KARACHI

My newborn boy is two months old. His weight is not increasing. I've started giving him three doses of formula with mother's feed. But he is still very weak. Kindly tell me what shall I do. Bw 3.2 After one month 3.05. During jaundice in first month 2.9

He feeds well on both feeds but he is so tiny like a week old. His height is 54 cm at one month and seems fine. But that makes him look more lean. Plz help.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Omair Mazhar

Dr. Omair Mazhar - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS, PGPN | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

he needs a thorough history, physical examination and lab tests, if he's not gaining weight. consult with your pediatrician

Pediatrician in Bahawalpur - Asst. Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar Hashmi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Javaid Akhtar Hashmi - Pediatrician

MBBS, MSPH, Diploma in Child Health (DCH) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

32 Positive Reviews

Give him milk proper will be ok after some month

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Sohail Gatta

current weight?

Post Owner

Hi Dr. Thanks for your reply.
His recent weight was measured a week and a half ago and it was 3.05. his limbs are extremely thin and I can also feel his spine over his clothes. In terms of feeding he is fine. Demands feed on time and takes it properly. Burps and goes to sleep after being satisfied. Pkz advise.

2 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I have been giving him dmax two drops daily since two weeks. Started maltofer after a drs advise but that upset his bowels so I stopped after one dose. Though a family Dr has suggested multivitamin drops too but I'm afraid that might also not go well with his bowels. Plz advise sir.

Attach Photo here: