Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrics on URGENT- 9 Months Old Baby Having Severe Constipation

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 1, Karachi

Salam,

my son is 9 months old. I started giving him half boiled egg daily since last 2 weeks. Now I got to know that it's not safe to give half-boiled eggs to your baby atleast till age of 5 years as it may contain salmonella bacteria, which can cause food poisoning. Also, my son is suffering from severe constipation and gas issues. The area of stool passing is all red. Is it because of half boiled egg?? Kindly let me know what should I do? I've given him Lexoberon, gripe water and also applied xyloaid but all in vain. please tell me what to do

Pediatrician in Sialkot - Dr. M Junaid Ghumman

Dr. M Junaid Ghumman - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS (Peads) | Sialkot

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Waalaikumslam
Egg is safe no issue with that.
Redness is the issue but need more detail to find reason. And what other diet and milk product you are giving to baby
And don't give medication by yourself, medicine have side effects too

Post Owner

actually his pead prescribed this medicine last time when he was suffering from constipation. he is totally on formula milk. I am giving hin Similac stage 2. Other than that, i am also giving him daliya, cerelac, sooji etc

2 years ago

Pediatrician in Rawalpindi - Dr. Zahra Mushtaq

Dr. Zahra Mushtaq - Pediatrician

| MBBS | IMM (Pediatrics) | | Rawalpindi

Woa , its better to give full boiled egg but if he is taking half boil and hasnot develop any allergy or diarrhea then you may continue with half boiled egg.Secondly, reddness is not due to egg intake, you may add syp digas 2.5ml twice daily for 5 days . Apply sudocream for reddness. For how long you are giving him laxoberon syp?

Post Owner

i gave him for only 2 days

2 years ago

Post Owner

no diarrhea or allergy. only constipation is the issue so I thought its because of half boiled egg

2 years ago

Pediatrician in Rawalpindi - Dr. Zahra Mushtaq
Dr. Zahra Mushtaq - Pediatrician

| MBBS | IMM (Pediatrics) | | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

Add banana in his diet, give laxoberon 2.5ml twice daily for 3 more days. Followup after 3 days.

2 years ago

Post Owner

thankyou!

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrics