Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Physiotherapist on Wrist Pain- De Quervain's Tenosynovitis

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 26 Years old, khi

Hi I’m 9 months postpartum but since my delivery I’ve hade this extreme pain in my wrist which starts from the thumb and goes till the wrist-forearm, now I’m not sure if it’s the vein that is inflamed or is it the tendon, but the pain is severe enough to interfere with my life activities, i have trouble holding heavy objects, can’t bend my thumb properly specially backwards as it’s very painful, and every time i try to move it i feel as if something is clicking or moving inside. This is the exact place where i also got my IV drip And had clotting on the 3rd day of y delivery. so not sure what has exactly caused it, Pls advise the treatment and which dr exactly should i get it checked from? Ortho? Neuro? Which one?

Physiotherapist in Gujranwala - Dr. Hanan Azfar

Dr. Hanan Azfar - Physiotherapist

DPT (IIRS) | MS-Orthopedic Manual PT (RCRS) | CKTP (USA) | BCST (RIU) | | Gujranwala

review-stars

119 Positive Reviews

you need to visit physiotherapist who is expert in laser treatments

Physiotherapist in Jamshoro - Dr. Anum Arif Pt

Dr. Anum Arif Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT | Jamshoro

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

AssalamuAlaikum ,,it seems like you have a radial nerve involve due to inappropriate application of IV drip,,firstly please don’t use that hand in household item,you need to restrict you heavy activities and you need to consult with physiotherapist which will guide you better for your treatment

Post Owner

I keep lifting my baby with this hand, restricting the hand movements with a 9 month baby is hard.

1 year ago

Member of Marham-Forum

You should consult your Physiotherapist. it can be a nerve intrapment or CTS. The diagnosis can be made after proper examination. for Appointment: 042-32591427, 06

location: Nelson medical complex abid majeed road opposite MH gate #6 saddar Rawalpindi

1 year ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I think your tendon is inflammed. Use thumb spica splint for un-mobilise Tab: caflam 50mg twice a day in case of pain tab: denzen-Ds 3 times a day and do some stretching exercises

Post Owner

I have a 9 month baby to look after, won’t the splint restrict the movement?

1 year ago

You can consult with me or visiting my clinic contact me on my number 042-32591427,

1 year ago

Physiotherapist in Karachi - Dr. Karishma Lohana Pt

Dr. Karishma Lohana Pt - Physiotherapist

| DPT | | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

there are different causes may be it's De-quervain ,. or other problem, consult a near by physiotherapist and Ortho also first then go for treatment accordingly..

Physiotherapist in Faisalabad - Dr. Mariam Tariq

Dr. Mariam Tariq - Physiotherapist

MS (Musculoskeletal), DPT (Doctor Of Physical Therapy) | Faisalabad

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

it myt b CTS or nerve entraped u need physical examination for correct diagnosis and treatment.vosit your nearby PT

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Talha Javed

Talha Javed - Physiotherapist

DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

First you should visit physiotherapist it can cure with exercises and precautions.

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Azaz Ullah Shah Pt

it's a. common site of ganglionic cyst . sometimes aspiration and rest se thik hojata hai . agr drip and needle se koi tissue damage hai ya fluid vein se bahir accumulate huwa hai to it needs to be check first . ortho I will prefer

Physiotherapist in Gujrat - Dr. Mubashra Khalid Pt

Dr. Mubashra Khalid Pt - Physiotherapist

MPhil Physiotherapy , DPT , BSPT | Gujrat

Consult a neurologist

Physiotherapist in Peshawar - Dr. Nasir Ahmed

Seems to be de-quervain, use thumb spica,and consult ortho or physiotherapist nearby

Post Owner

What is thumb spica?

1 year ago

Post Owner

I have a 9 month baby to look after, won’t the splint restrict the movement?

1 year ago

Dr. Nasir Ahmed - Physiotherapist

BS (PNO), MS (PNO) | Peshawar | Book Appointment

it is a brace used for dequervain tenosynovitis

1 year ago

Dr. Nasir Ahmed - Physiotherapist

BS (PNO), MS (PNO) | Peshawar | Book Appointment

will restrict a bit but you have to wear to give some rest to the tendon, night time in a start atleaset

1 year ago

Physiotherapist in Gujrat - Dr. Ayesha Waseem PT

U should take treatment from Orthopedic and physiotherapist, I'm senior physiotherapist at Madni hospital airport chok Bhimber road Gujrat, u can consult frm me also

Physiotherapist in Sargodha - Dr. Ms Mishmal Ammer

any numbness ? or swelling?
if numbness then nerve impingement... if swelling/ inflammation then tendinitis may be. you should visit nearest Physiotherapist.

Post Owner

No numbness or swelling, just pain on the site shown in the pic while moving the hand which goes up till the forearm, not sure if it’s the nerve because this is exactly where the drip was inserted

1 year ago

Physiotherapist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Iza Khaliq Pt

If you have numbness r feel heaviness in your arm then consult your nearby Physiotherapist for Your regular session

Physiotherapist in Karachi - Hussain Ali

Hussain Ali - Physiotherapist

BSPT, MSPT (Scholar) | Karachi

review-stars

23 Positive Reviews

Hello
Firstly you can get your self checked by any orthopaedic or physiotherapist
As per your symptoms you are having musculoskeletal issue
This condition has to be diagnosed properly that whether you are having carpal tunnel or dequervain tenosynovitis
After diagnosing it properly than you can get the treatment which is needed for you

Post Owner

It’s not carpal tunnel, there’s no numbness or tingling

1 year ago

Homeopath in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Kanwal

Dr. Ayesha Kanwal - Homeopath

DHMS , RHMP, C Aesthetics | Karachi

review-stars

138 Positive Reviews

Book appointment via marham.....take homeopathic medicines for this issue of yours

Physiotherapist in Multan - Dr. Rameen Ahmad

Dr. Rameen Ahmad - Physiotherapist

DPT (Gold Medalist) | Multan

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

As you have explained it’s after pregnancy so there are fair chances of having carpal tunnel syndrome, but only after proper assessment it can be ruled out. Visit your nearest physiotherapist for proper assessment and treatment, she will work over the nerve root pattern both with manual and modality based treatment along with Taping techniques. You can consult me in case you’re left with any query .

Post Owner

Cts usually causes numbness or tingling but I don’t have any, i just have pain

1 year ago

Physiotherapist in Multan - Dr. Rameen Ahmad
Dr. Rameen Ahmad - Physiotherapist

DPT (Gold Medalist) | Multan | Book Appointment

review-stars 2 Positive Reviews

Than the other cause would be Dequervain tenosynovitis , it causes pain in thumb & you would be unable to make a fist or grasp something .

1 year ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Physiotherapist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories