Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Anxiety, Panic Attacks

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 33 Years old, London

Hi I recently had baby almost 2.5 months post partum , i have history of anxiety and panic attacks.. I am having severe post partum depression these days.. my gp prescribed me cipralex 10mg I want to ask is it safe to take this medicne in breastfeeding ?

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum

Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

251 Positive Reviews

ap ko aisi medicine chahiy jo wakti faida na Dy or na need ki ho kindly book appointment with detail symptoms

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Nosheen Farooq

Dear Patient, Tab cipralex is totally safe to take during breast feeding. Post partum depression is a relatively common phenomenon, please take medications for it and if you still don’t feel better then consult a psychiatrist for it. Supportive family members can help you more than you can imagine, educate them about your temporary condition so they can help you with it. Regards, Dr Nosheen Farooq

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Rehmat Asif

Dr. Rehmat Asif - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Rawalpindi

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

You are suffering from post oartum depression.. Yes take the course and give love and care to your baby.. Also increase your breast feeding intervals. In sha Allah you will feel alright within a week. Also make some neurotonic diet for your self. You can visit our profile and book online consultation for any type of queries.

General Practitioner in Rawalpindi - Dr. Rehmat Asif

Dr. Rehmat Asif - General Practitioner

| MBBS | | Rawalpindi

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

Just saw the city.. Seems you and your partner are having busy life.. So try three (you, husband and the baby) of you to spend some quality time esp. Breastfeed your baby off n on specifically when you feel start of the panic attacks or depression. You can go through our profile and take clear any query you have.

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Ayaz M Khan - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Lahore

review-stars

77 Positive Reviews

Respected!

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Firstly congratulations on having the baby.

Regarding your query:
Yes, Escitalopram (Cipralex) is considered safe for lactating mothers.

There are couple of strategies that will help you to minimize the exposure to your baby:

A. Take the medication in once daily dose after breakfast. Breastfeed your child before taking the dose. Take a break of 3-6 hours from breastfeeding (till noon) after taking the medication.

B. Breast milk can be expressed and stored in milk bottle at late night or early morning for use during the 3-6 hours breastfeeding gap after taking the medication.

For more information and review of other medication choices, please feel free to consult me:

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/asst-prof-dr-ayaz-m-khan

Hope this was helpful.

Regards

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories