Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Anxiety, Started Ecitalopram

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 27, Sialkot

Hi I am 27, having severe anxiety and panic attacks from 5 years with upset stomach (h pylori). I hv just started Ecitalopram 10 mg from last 5 days, I am facing total loss of appetite, nausea everytime, weakness and excessive sleepiness (I sleep at 4 am at night, wake up at 2:30 pm take little breakfast and again sleep at 3 pm to 6 pm) feeling low energy, cold waves in body. I just want to ask that is it ok to face all these in start of medcn and will it go away with passage of time or I need to worry? Also can I take omeprazole 20 mg after meal? Sorry for very long message. Respected Doctors plz guide me. Thanku

Member of Marham-Forum

I would advise you to see a Psychiatrist to discuss your problems, it's highly possible that you can recover without medication or even if the medication is needed, it will be adjusted properly. Your situation must be properly assessed by a professional. I am available if you need my help.

Psychiatrist in Quetta - Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen

Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Quetta

review-stars

433 Positive Reviews

Aoa.... early positive response of medicines will take 2 weeks, take Escitalopram after meal and omeprazole 30 minutes before food. Wait at least for 2 weeks more and if any issue then consult your Doctor. Thanks

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed

Dr. Ayesha Abdul Hameed - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Karachi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Hello,
Yes this is usual symptoms of. Medicine that you are taking, you just take other remedies for your stomach upset as the symptoms will stay for few days and proper antidepressant effect will take more than 2 weeks atleast , therefore just bear patience with medicines and try to be regular with them and surely youl be healthy and anxiety free.

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Aafia Malik

Dr. Aafia Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatrist) | Lahore

review-stars

895 Positive Reviews

few symptoms may be related to your illness ... need to be addressed further. medication will take 3 weeks to settle them down
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychiatrist/dr-aafia-malik

Member of Marham-Forum

Do not worry Sister you just get my online appointment as soon you get due to rush.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories