Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Brain Related

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 27 years old, Lahore

AoA, I am suffering from memory loss since my childhood throughout my education. I felt difficulty to remember things related to my education. And after remembering my study material i just lost them during a very short period and cant perform well in my exams.. Now i am doing job and study as well and it will become very difficult for me to manage both task at the same time due to my brain. I am not intelligent guy. On the other hand i am physically fit and healthy without any problem except my brain issue.. Plz suggest something which can improve my brain performance and capacity as well as short term memory issue.. Thanks

Psychiatrist in Dera Ghazi Khan - Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Shafique Ahmad

Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Shafique Ahmad - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Dera Ghazi Khan

review-stars

98 Positive Reviews

Have a regular physical activity, avoidance of any abuse of substance like smoking, drugs, proper sleep ,increase your attention on target at that point ,repetition & rehearsal & continuous brain involving activities may improve your issues

Post Owner

Thanks for your advice sir. I thought and also felt that my mind dont work fast like some other persons. It need some boost. Should i take some medicine to improve the performance of it? And i dont take drugs or smoking etc.

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Dera Ghazi Khan - Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Shafique Ahmad
Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Shafique Ahmad - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Dera Ghazi Khan | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

I do not think you need any phramacotherapy
Have a balanced diet & avoid sedentary life style may help

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aslam

Dr. Huma Aslam - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MCPS (Psychiatry) | Lahore

review-stars

1113 Positive Reviews

Avoid carbonated and energy drinks, junk and fast food. Decrease intake of white sugar, white floor and rice. Increase intake of fresh fruits and vegetables. Keep yourself well hydrated by taking 8 to 10 glass of water daily. Maintain a proper sleep cycle with 7 to 8 hours of night time sleep and fix bed time routine. Do half an hour of physical activity daily either in the morning or in the evening

Post Owner

Thanks for advice. Should i need to take some medicine also ?

4 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq

Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

Aoa, you seem quite concerned but as a matter of fact from the content that you have written and how you have described your issue it looks that you are an intelligent person. You have not mentioned about your academic achievement and difficulties so it looks like that you just want to learn how to increase your retention power and how to use your memory from storage compartment in your brain. To give you advice, your detailed history is required but with this little knowledge i can guide you that you need to learn about attention, focus, mindfulness, techniques to make content simple and so on. You can take help from internet to enhance your memory and if it does not work, go and visit a psychiatrist.

Post Owner

Thanks for the advice mam. We heard that god has gave same mind to everyone but when we see performance of multiple persons we find it different from each other. For example some of my fellows memorise a content and they can remember it for a long time but in my case it often happened with me that i even forget it after only one day. Remember the content and save it in memory both are very difficult for me. Its the detail of my case. Should i use any medicine to improve these issues?

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Shamaila Ijaz

Ms Shamaila Ijaz - Psychologist

ADCP, Health Psychologist, Existential Therapist | Lahore

review-stars

70 Positive Reviews

Did u take almond oil or fish oil. Did u try Sauf receipe. Did u try changing ur study style and time. U need to change your studying style and take a brain tonic too.
https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/psychologist/ms-shamaila-ijaz/callcenter.

Post Owner

I have not used these things ever. Should i use these all things plz suggest in detail.

4 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms Shamaila Ijaz
Ms Shamaila Ijaz - Psychologist

ADCP, Health Psychologist, Existential Therapist | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 70 Positive Reviews

First get your Physical reports cleared. Show the results of MRI or CT scan etc then i will tell u details. No medicine can improve your fastness. It's the process you learn with experience. Allah made you "slow" for a purpose. Donot join the cat race plz.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories