Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Depression, Overthinking

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 20 years old, Islamabad

Hi, I wanted to know something regarding what I do. If something happens in my life, something bad, I would think of the worst possible consequence and scenario that can bring, and I start imagining it till the point I break down, I can paint a picture in my head, so clear that it is really hard for me to let go of it. This has been a part of me since i was young. My heart feels heavy, heartbeat races and those bad things would surface at the worst moment and bring me down again. I overthink a lot. Then another thing I do is recheck everything, for example if I lock the car, I will lock it atleast 5 times until I feel like it’s locked. If I turn off the stove, I would go and check again even though I know I’ve done it. I do things like these all the time. I want relief. I want to know what’s wrong with me.

Psychiatrist in London - Dr. Anam Najam

Dr. Anam Najam - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MCPS (Psychiatry) | London

review-stars

58 Positive Reviews

You need to be seen by a psychiatrist for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Psychiatrist in Quetta - Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen

Asst. Prof. Dr. Zarmina Tareen - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Quetta

review-stars

433 Positive Reviews

The first thing that you asked is about your thinking the worst outcomes of something it comes into thought errors, in this a person thinks the negative aspect more while in reality you have the ability of thinking about positivity as well...for this you have to distract yourself from those negative thoughts using some techniques... the second complaint about repeatedly checking of things comes in to obsessions and compulsions;both complaints needs thorough assessment by psychiatrist so after that treatment will be advised more accurately.

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah

Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

246 Positive Reviews

I usually prescribe medicine within the forum here.
But sometimes detailed symptoms needed for the prescription. Please take video consultation appointment through marham helpline.

Member of Marham-Forum

Assalamalaikum
My Dear Brother you have a psychiatric disorder ,please get my online appointment as soon you get due to rush I will talk to u one hour and then you will recover.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh

Dr. Irsa Hyder Shaikh - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

130 Positive Reviews

These things are pessimistic style of thinkingn which is part of personality and because of these traits when things go wrong people can go into depression and other anxiety disorders such as obsessive conpulsive disorder. U should consult a psychiatrist for detailed assessment and treatment

Member of Marham-Forum

Actually, you are suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder. Your symptoms are severe and is effecting your your different aspects of life.you should see a psychiatrist as you need medication. You also have symptoms of anxiety, these will improve with Obsessive compulsive disorder treatment which is your main disease.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories