Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Ocd Problem

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 20 years old, peshawar

i am suffering from ocd from 2 years. My psychiatrist started me on flouxetine 20 mg then 40 and i am now on 60 mg flouxetine . My ocd is 70 percent better ALHAMDULILLAH but it is better for a week and than a little worse for some days and than again better for a week and again than worse for 2 or 3 or 4 days . What should i do . I am confused that what should i do and what is the reason behind it

Psychiatrist in Quetta - Dr. Naveed Javed

Dr. Naveed Javed - Psychiatrist

MBBS (UK), MD(USA), MRCP, PhD (UK), Diplomate American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (USA) | Quetta

review-stars

52 Positive Reviews

Please get online consultation with me through marham.pk for complete examination, investigation and treatment.

Psychiatrist in Peshawar - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Saqib Siddique - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DC Psych (IRE), FCPS (Psychiatry), Certified Cognitive Therapy, MRCPsych (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

77 Positive Reviews

Hi there. It's good to know that you have shown some improvement with medications. Please continue the medication and see a Psychiatrist who might consider advising some psychological techniques or add another medication.
I hope this helps.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq

Dr. Rabbia Mushtaq - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

Aoa, After a good response, repeated symptoms for few days most probably mean that whenever you are under stress your symptoms reappear. Sometimes people who have OCD also have obsessive compulsive personality traits and their symptoms either appear or increase during periods of any mental stress. For this you need to do better self care, knowing what causes you feel stressed will be helpful as you can avoid or learn how to cope better. More over now you can take help from psychologist to learn how to control repeated thoughts and behaviours. CBT is also helpful. Meanwhile maintain regular follow ups with your psychiatrist, keep your trust and do not stop taking medicine.

Post Owner

Thank you

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories