Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Psychiatrist

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 19, hydrabad

dr I diagnosed social phobia dr psychiatrist prescribed me escitalopram 10 ..I also consulted with psychologist he says medicine will benefit you as long as you take medicine and u will become addicted .after Skiping symptoms will appear again..your age is small don't go on medicine.. should I take experienced psychiatrist advise me please..I am confused?

Psychiatrist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Faisal Farid

Dr. Faisal Farid - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MRCPsych (UK), CCT General and Adult Psychiatry (UK), Diploma Clinical Neuro psychiatry (UK) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

588 Positive Reviews

There is a lot of misinformation and misperception on the use and prescription of antidepressant medication. Unfortunately it is like these type of uneducated and ill informed professionals who misguide the public. ANTIDEPRESSANTS are the most widely prescribed medications in the world because they work for the condition they are prescribed for. If properly advised and used it is easy to come off of these medications when the improvement has been achieved and sustained. ANTIDEPRESSANTS DO NOT CAUSE DEPENDENCE AND TOLERANCE. Therefore these medications can be easily tapered off and stopped with ease.

Post Owner

ok dr I am starting escitalopram according to your inspiration.

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1464 Positive Reviews

Welcome, passing judgment on diagnosis is not a healthy way to deal with patients where they are in pain of symptoms, here there are two statements in one sentence like benefits of medicine and addiction of medicine, this is like diabetic patients will get benefits of anti- diabetic medicines but in long run they will be addictive of these medicine which obviously not true, patients will be treated without any. Judgment or should be on scientific knowledge. Antidepressants are not addictive in any ways, for how long Patiet has to take the medicines that depends upon many factors, treating social phobia psychotherapy is the sole treatment but if clinical symptoms are there and affecting the life then medications are mandatory. Thanks

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum

Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi

review-stars

249 Positive Reviews

Homeo medicine will completely recover your symptoms permanently after some medicine you will completely recover or theek hony k bad medicine chor skty hain ye addicted medicine nai hy plz contact me via marham

Post Owner

no no homeopath pa mughe blief nhi ha bilkl b

3 years ago

Homeopath in Rawalpindi - Dr. Asifa Khanum
Dr. Asifa Khanum - Homeopath

DHMS | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 249 Positive Reviews

yahi permanent treatment hy

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Hyderabad - Dr. Sumera

Dr. Sumera - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Hyderabad

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

antidepressants are not addictive. however psychotherapy along with medicines cure your illness faster rather than psychotherpay alone.
better to consult a psychiatrist

Counselor in Karachi - Dr. Syeda Anjum

Dr. Syeda Anjum - Counselor

Masters in Special Education (Gold Medalist), Remedial therapist , International Behavior Therapist (IBT) | Karachi

review-stars

220 Positive Reviews

yes psychologist is so right..u have yo focus on first proper counseling session.. counseling session help y8 to recover much better as medication addicted is risky..try to counsel first

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories