Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Sleeping Issue

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 34, Lahore

I am facing sleeping issue since last 6 months now. I previously took alp .5mg a year ago for 6 month helps me tapper it down and cut it off I left alp and it's almost 1 year I didn't take alp mean I have discuss with my psychiatrist I face this issue again he recommends me phenergen because alp side effects hit me (e.g) memory loss so I start took phenergen but for once in while but it took very long time to react like if I took it around 7 it hit me around 12 and I don't wake up till 9:30 or 10

so plz help me to correct my sleep cycle I am following sleep hygiene as well and do deep breath exercise as well. I took .5 mg of alp around 1 am but it's 5 am no reaction in my body and mind for sleep. kindly advice.

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Muhammad Mudasir Saleem

sir your daily routine? any stress history? physical activity?

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Saadia Atif

Saadia Atif - Clinical Psychologist

BS Applied Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

It's good that you are taking both medical and psychological approach to your concerns. As you mentioned you're following sleep hygiene but have you been under therapeutic management by a psychologist? there's a reason why you're not able to have a peaceful sleep. it's important to work on that stressful trigger to ensure the sleep hygiene principles and meds work better.

Post Owner

Psychologist+Psychiatrist both
but my psychiatrist helps 90% of issues to resolve

2 weeks ago

BS Applied Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 24 Positive Reviews

alright.
sleeping pills aren't a long-term alternative of working on your thoughts that are keeping you up.
maybe you should visit your psychologist more often.

2 weeks ago

Post Owner

Dr Sadia 8 to 10 Sessions do u think its enough. I don't have time and my energies any more to waste with them sorry but it's true that's why psychiatrist helps me in that role

2 weeks ago

BS Applied Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 24 Positive Reviews

alright. whatever you find easier to handle and manage with your schedule

good luck

2 weeks ago

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. A Z Barkat Ullah

Dr. A Z Barkat Ullah - Psychiatrist

MCPS Psych (Pakistan), MRC Psych (UK), MBBS | Lahore

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

If the history is only 6 months , then check what is changed around that time.Are there any symptoms of Sadness stress or anxiety with it as sleep problems are secondary to something .I will give sleep hygiene advice:A healthy life style with regular and set times to go to bed and wake up , regular times of eating little bit of excercise ( not later than 6 pm ) and no tea or coffee after 4 pm. Also try to fix work hours. What do u do ? Setting a sleep routine with a relaxing shower,a hot cup of milk relaxed music and No flashing screens for 30-40 mint before going to bed will help.If u struggle in setting sleep routine initially Melatonin can b added. This will need monitoring and i can provide you all management online if u like ?Good luck

Post Owner

Thanks Dr
Highly appreciate your time and response
Yes history of MDD 3 years back. 90% resolved 10% working on it.
Yes Almost 8 sessions taken from psychologist and following all mentioned sleep hygiene (Deep breath , mindfulness). No sadness.
But yes little stress+ anxiety often. But working on it.
No caffeine, Tea in last 2 years
Yes taking Melatonin 10mg twice a week at 7 pm but regular .phenergen once in while as It gives me deep sleep but not resolving my sleep cycle.
yr approach to resolve?

2 weeks ago

MCPS Psych (Pakistan), MRC Psych (UK), MBBS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 6 Positive Reviews

Thanks for sharing info on MDD . I guess a low dose of mood stablizer or antipsyhotics may help. What did u take for MDD episode ?

2 weeks ago

Post Owner

3.5 Years back started from .50 Alp+40mg fluoxitine+15mg mirtazapine. After a year reduced to half mirtazapine+ 40 mg fluoxitine
then a year later with my psychiatrist switched to Vornue 10 mg (Vortioxetine)
tapper down to 5mg
then he got me cleared. it's been a year I am clear feel better Alhumdulillah but have sleeping issues. My psychiatrist helps me a lot getting on track but now he said that sleeping issue will be better with the passage of time no need to discuss

1 week ago

MCPS Psych (Pakistan), MRC Psych (UK), MBBS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 6 Positive Reviews

Then just wait !!!

1 week ago

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Dr. Aslam Pervez

Dr. Aslam Pervez - Psychiatrist

MBBS, DPM, BCPsych, MRCPsych (UK), FRCPsych (UK), Diploma in Psychiatric Practice (UK) | Karachi

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

MDD residual symptoms, difficult to treat, sometime full recovery unrealistic goal

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Rizwan Ali Khan

Rizwan Ali Khan - Clinical Psychologist

| MSc (Psychology) | MS (Clinical Psychology) | Certified (Crucial Conversations) | | Lahore

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

let Me tell you
press a button video consultation I am available on your doorstep need not to go anywhere just one click
Relax"

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories