Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Surgeon on Incisional Hernia

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 40, Karachi

I have this incisional hernia 3.5cm at the port sight of previous lap chole done last year but diagnose after 4 months of that how I'm having this belly button pressure and pain on that sight wanted to have a surgery my primary surgeon suggested open sublay mesh repair he's not been working now with the hospital now so I'm going to have it from someone else I would like to ask whether mesh repair cause nay long term effects on health body is able to accept foreign stuff , plus I want to know about seroma and hematoma are there any complications afterwards??? does this can be done thru lapro pls suggest general surgeon only thnx

General Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Zahid Mahmood

Prof. Dr. Zahid Mahmood - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Visit surgeon he will explain all complications after physical check of ur hernia.

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Kamran Ali

Dr. Kamran Ali - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

yes it can be done laparoscopically too. mesh is v good and generally accepted by body.

General Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Khalid Mehmood Khan

Dr. Khalid Mehmood Khan - General Surgeon

MBBS, MCPS (Surgery) | Islamabad

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

take appointment online to discuss treatment options and complications and their solution

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Waqid Bin Abdullah

please visit me in opd for detail plan

General Surgeon in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Uzair Ahmad

needs clinical examination

General Surgeon in Hyderabad - Dr. Ghashia Khan

Dr. Ghashia Khan - General Surgeon

MBBS, MS General Surgery, chpe | Hyderabad

thank you for your question.
first of all I would suggest you if you have no symptoms like abdominal pain, vomiting or constipation,then you can wait for surgery till it increase in size, and also complete your family
mesh repair is recommended nowadays ,it is been your body part after some time.
so don't worry about that.
seroma formation is very rare post operatively because we put the drain for few days. so all the collection will drain and there will be very less chances of developing this complication.
hematoma is very rare although there is no specific bleeder is present here so very rarely patient develops hematoma after surgery until there is no any coagulative history positive.
last I would recommend you wear adult size belt to cover your belly, it will provide strength to your abdominal muscles to make your daily routine normal
thanks.

Post Owner

jazakAllah for the through reply I'm.just skeptical about my exercise regime as of this issue my core became so weak and loose ..I cant do any hard workouts and tummy exercises as of now my BMI is 32 and also wanted to loose weight no the pain happens whenever go extra mile like heavy lifting or something

3 hours ago

General Surgeon in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Junaid Zaman

Asst. Prof. Dr. Junaid Zaman - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Surgery), MRCS (Ed) | Karachi

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

it depends usually, surgeons do not perform surgery if you want to get pregnant in future. you can have both sublay, onlay and laparoscopic repair . if you are diabetic need to control sugar as high chances of infection in mesh also get a urine DR to see if there is no infection. if there is need to have antibiotics course before surgery.

General Surgeon in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Uzair Ahmad

yes can be done through lapro.....seroma and hematoma usually respond to conservative management

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Hira Liaqat

Dr. Hira Liaqat - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

sublay mesh repair is recommended. less risk of complications than onlay mesh.
laparoscopic can also be done depending upon your BMI.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories